From May 2020 Hvitsten Salong will be offering three periods of residence a year for artists working in different mediums.
After applying, our co-workers will select two artists for each period who will be a part of the residency. The residency call is open to all themes and participators of all ages.
Residency periods will be May, July and September. Each period has a duration of 3-4 weeks.
- A private or shared room at Bilvrakhotellet in Hvitsten, during the residency (depending on chosen preference). https://www.facebook.com/bilvrakhotellet/
- Shared indoor atelier at Bjørlien school in Vestby 5km from Hvitsten. For painting, installations etc. 1 room is ca 4x7 meters, 2nd room is 7x8 meters. There is also an alcove ca 25 sqm.
- Outdoor workshop in Hvitsten. For working with sculpture, installations etc.
- Access to all equipment and tools.
- Possibility to organize workshop/debate in the residency.
- Promotion through social media.
- Human and technical resources.
- Participation at the art festival Hvitsten Salong, first weekend in August. Optional for artists staying for the period in September.
- Workshop with professional artist will be organized depending on theme for residence.
Value of the residency: 3000 €, per person / 1 month
Funding and travel expenses for the artists in residence will vary upon scholarship granted Hvitsten Salong as an organizer and facilitator. Information about funding available will be provided well before the residency call.
The opportunity to showcase your work, in addition to the festival, will also vary upon our cooperation with other institutions in Oslo and chosen preference. Information about this possibility to showcase, holding lecture, project presentation etc. with some of our partners, will be provided well before application deadline.
Requirement for application:
Relevant documentation (visual, sound, text, etc.)
Link to website
CV / Biography
Application must be sent to email@example.com
Application for residency in 2021 will be announced.
Artistic director Jon Lundell at the opening of the festival 2018
Atelier at Bjørlien school
Consert at Hvitsten church
Sculpture by Piotr Nowak along the art walk, 2018.